Unleashing The Power of an Email List
Are you interested in getting out in front of more people who are interested in your message?
What if doing this increased your ability to reach people make a difference and ultimately make more money?
Doing this doesn’t require any fancy SEO, design or insider knowledge.
Do I have your attention now?
Building your email list with the right audience who are interested in your message is one of the most important things you can build your business
Yes, you do need social media and blogging but the ultimate goal of these efforts is to build a list of highly targeted people. And, having this list is the best way to build relationships and personally communicate with your tribe.
If you are not convinced that it’s worth the trouble or don’t know where you should start with your list building efforts, keep reading….
Email, Blogging & Social Media: You gotta have them all!
Email, Blogging & Social Media are all part of an overall marketing strategy.
It starts with Blogging, which is then shared via Social Media which drives traffic back to your website and ultimately to your list.
If you want to build a list of targeted subscribers you need to start with your blogging. And you should be blogging about topics that are relevant to your target audience if you wish to attract them.
The next step is to get them on your list so you have more influence over what they read.
Compared to social media where your content can easily be missed or restricted, email is something you have full control over. Relevant content equals a better the open rate, and ultimately a greater impact you can make on your audience.Outside of your email list, you have much less control over how your content is distributed. Social media platforms set the rules that you are required to play by and if they decide your content isn’t up to snuff, they can suspend your account.In the case of Facebook with its continually changing terms of service, they can impact your ability to interact with your audience at a moment’s notice.
Or how about Twitter and its 140 character or less rule? That’s how they control your ability to communicate with your audience.
The great thing about email, you get to decide how you want to communicate with your audience:
- Email allows you to connect 1:1 with a specific person or a group of people with similiar interestes.
- Yes, you have to work harder to get someone on your list vs a social media connection, but it is worth it because when someone subscribes to you list they are telling you directly that they are interested in what you have to say.
- If you can get the newly subscribed person to make a purchase early on, that is an added bonus because as soon money changes hands you have a higher likelyhood of making a second or even third sale.
- It’s hard to get comments and feedback on social media. Lots of people are reluctant to make public comments and email gives them an opportunity to ask questions or start a discussion.
Three Things That Should be on Your Marketing To-Do List:
- Blogging for content creation and sharing your knowledge
- Social media for creating interest, connections, and awareness.
- Email for the follow-up, building deeper relationships and turning fans into customers.
Build Your Email List Early On
- Email gives you an opportunity to build the know like and trust factor which is essential to turning fans into customers.
- They are interested in what you have to share, by joining your list they have already raised their hand and said I’m interested!
- Having a list multiplies your reach.
- They are more likely to purchase from you, especially if you nurture your list the right way.
- Email is a timely and inexpensive way to reach your audience.
- email gives you an opportunity to interact and engage with your tribe.
- People get to experience more of you in your emails. Your voice, your style, your personality. Readers want to connect with the person behind the writing.
- Creating an email list is one more way to add value to your readers
Are you guilty of using these excuses for not getting started building your email list?
- I’m waiting until I get my website perfect
- I’m too overwhelmed, how can I squeeze in one more thing on my list
- Email, yuck! My box is overloaded with email offers and it’s a big turn off.
- I might have this set up but I’m not sure.
- I don’t have the budget for this right now
- I use my personal email for this – Yikes don’t do that, it’s considered spam!
Whatever your excuse may be, now is the time to get over it and get on with building your list.
It takes time and consistency to build trust and create the strong connections you want and need from your list.
Building your email list will give you the edge you need to create a business that grows to six figures and beyond. Unfortunately most business owners fail to do this until it’s too late.
And if you’ve already started building your list and your relationships, good for you! If you continue to nurture your list, they will be more likely to buy and willing to promote you and your work.
Stay Tuned for Part 2 of the List Building Series
In the next article I’m going to dive deeper into creating your IFO, (Irresistible Free Offer).
Getting your IFO right will help make the conversion to your list an easy decision.
Want to sell more services & products on auto pilot?
FREE Download: I’ll show you step by step the 7 simple changes you can make to your website that will have it making money while you are sleeping!